On days I workout in the morning, I like to fuel my post-workout body with a Chocolate Banana Soy Protein Smoothie. Aside from the fact that I love chocolate, there are studies that show chocolate milk is an optimal post-exercise recovery aid. Each ingredient in this smoothie plays a beneficial role for replenishing my body. Benefits of this smoothie: Chocolate milk boosts the carbohydrates supplied to the muscle, replenishes necessary vitamins and a good protein source for muscle repair. The coconut water rehydrate the fluids and electrolytes. Coconut oil is said to increase metabolism, energy and endurance. Bananas are high in potassium to prevent muscle cramps
Chocolate Banana Soy Protein Smoothie
This smoothie makes about 5 cups. (Wayne and I drink this all. We’re heavy (smoothie) drinkers)
1 scoop – Whole Foods Soy Protein Powder
1 t – Coconut Oil
2 Frozen bananas (sliced)
1 carton – Silk Chocolate Soymilk (8 fl oz)
1 1/2 c – Vanilla soymilk
1 c – Coconut water
1. The night before, take two bananas and peel them. Slice them and wrap them in plastic wrap and place in freezer, overnight.
2. Next day, place all ingredients, in order, into the blender.
3. Hit pulse a few times to quickly blend the frozen bananas and mix the soy protein powder and coconut oil.
4. Blend it for about 30-40 seconds, until smooth consistency.
5. Pour it into a mug. Enjoy!
Note: I use a high-powered commercial blender called the Blendtec. It’s very similar to the ones you find at your local smoothie store. A normal functioning blender will do with this smoothie recipe. Just make sure that the frozen bananas are blended thoroughly.