I sure soaked up the sun during my recent vacation in Hawaii. Between the hours of hiking to explore waterfalls or snorkeling along the Napali Coast, I’ve gotten several shades darker and have gone through most of my sunscreen products I packed for the trip.
These are my favorite beauty products I used during my outdoor adventuring. Some are oldies and I have a new found love (Leaders Too Much Fun in the Sun? Mask from Petaluma & Co)!
- Dr. Jart+ Premium Beauty Balm SPF 45 // When I’m on vacation I like to keep my beauty bag at a minimum, so I stick to this multi-tasking genius of a product that provides advanced brightening and anti-aging properties. I use it on its own , its natural-looking coverage minimizes the appearance of imperfections and evens the skintone. I even wore this at a wedding I attended in Maui. My skin is left looking smooth, perfect and natural. This is an everyday product I use in my day skincare regimen.
- Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 50+ Wetforce For Face // This is my go-to product when I know I’ll be sweating during my hikes and snorkeling for hours. The waterproof formula keeps my face protected. Just remember to reapply every few hours.
- Neutrogena Beach Defense Water + Sun Sunscreen // This does everything a broad-spectrum, waterproof sunscreen should do… and this smells fresh and beach-y clean. I love that it’s lightweight and fast-absorbing.
- Honest Company Bug Spray // I didn’t get bit once! I just make sure to spray directly on to my palms, dab on my skin and reapply after a few hours. Best of all? It’s all natural and safe for babies.
- Leaders Too Much Fun in the Sun? Sheet Mask // My after-sun remedy in a pack. I am so in love with sheet masks right now. There are so many beauty benefits and a cult favorite in the K-Beauty scene. After spending hours at the beach, my skin had some mild inflammation and was pink. This mask saved my face from the embarrassing redness! The olive leaf extract and moisturizing aloe soothed, protected and firmed my skin to help heal and hydrate. It was fun and easy to use too. I left the mask on for 15-20 minutes, ate some chocolate haupia pie, took it off and gently massaged the excess serum into face and neck until fully absorbed. Talk about pampering while on vacation. It instantly relieved my irritated skin and healed my overexposed skin.
The Dr Jart+ and Shiseido products are from the Sephora Favorites Sun Safety Kit 2016. Read more about this in a previous post, here.
The Leaders Too Much Fun in the Sun? Sheet Mask can be bought from Petaluma & Co., here.