My mat and me time. The sweat will be dripping, the inner peace building, the music capturing the soul. Hot yoga at Sweat Yoga studio in Santa Monica isn’t just a powerful and purposeful workout, it’s a rejuvenation of the mind, body, and soul. I call it my morning therapy.
I’ve been consistently coming to Sweat Yoga in the early AM for the past several months and have seen a difference in toning my body, strength, calming my mind, and setting up my workday. Hot yoga strengthens, balances and detoxifies my entire body and mind as I move through challenging postures and connected breath. Turn stress = sweat.
Here are my Sweat Yoga studio highlights:
- Come early, morning and evening classes are always crowded. The instructors always start out with an enjoyable and relatable story; is friendly, encouraging and sometimes hands on; has a calming voice that doesn’t lull me to sleep; and plays an eclectic mix of awesome music beats (think The Weeknd’s “Often” and Sylvan Esso’s “Coffee”). Fave instructors are: Paige Yeaton, Zoe Welch, and Brittny McCarthy.
- Class format is engaging and creative: typically learn movements in a vinyasa flow, go through it guided by the instructor a few times, and then at your own pace, continue through a few more rounds. There is room for creativity as the environment is encouraging of exploring new moves and positions.
- Rooms are a perfect warm temperature.
- Nice touch on the cool eucalyptus face towel at the end of class.
- Mats and towels for rent. Filtered water dispenser to refill your reusable bottles.
- Lockers are provided, no lock needed.
- Spa-inspired locker room. Clean showers + toiletries provided. Three showers and I usually don’t have to wait in the morning. Eco-friendly shampoo, conditioner, lotion and tampons available.
- A separate, spacious vanity area equipped with hair dryers, lotion, bench and plenty of counter space.
- Street, metered parking or park at the Santa Monica Public library across the street, along 7th Street.
- Staff is incredibly friendly. I’ve forgotten my mat a few times and I’ve emailed and/or called and they’ve set it aside until next time I practice.
Try this taste of yoga heaven. Sweat Yoga is not only is a great sweat workout, but the heat loosens my muscles and I’ve seen a significant improvement in flexibility. You’ll be ready to float through your day, whether it’s work, play, or back to bed.