What to bring in your waist race pack
If you take a peek into my purse you’d think I’m part Eagle Scout and Mary Poppins. I may have loads of stuff but they’re all necessary to survive a zombie apocalypse. Sorta.
I like to be prepared.
Packing my day race pack is slightly different. The key difference is my race pack is much smaller. Therefore, when I run a long-distance race I like to pack efficiently with effective items. I’ve been using the same race pack and some of my holy grail products since my first marathon back in 2008. With the Lululemon Seawheeze Half Marathon in just a few weeks, these are my trusty items I’m packing on the run.
My day RACE pack survival kit
- Nathan Marathon Running Belt // I’ve had this light-weight training race pack since 2008 and love it. Although I’m running a long-distance race, I don’t bother wearing packs with water bottles because I know this race is well-supported with water and aid stations. I’ve linked a newer version of this race pack.
- Refresh Plus Lubricant Eye Drops // I get dry eyes especially when I wear contacts. These non-preservative drops help my eyes stay hydrated and clear.
- Advil // My ankles sometimes get sore as I get to the double-digit miles. This helps with the soreness during my run.
- Dr. Scholl’s Blister Defense Stick // A MUST for me! I apply this BEFORE the race, between my toes. above my toes, and BEFORE I put on my socks. Without this, my toes tend to rub between each other, chafe, and get blisters. You can apply this in other areas when you get chafing problems. Ever since I discovered this type of product I’ve been blister-free.
- Farmacy Honey Savior All-in-One Skin Repair Salve with Echinacea GreenEnvy Honey // Gotta moisturize my lips! This travel-size mighty multi-tasker can also be applied to other parts of your skin to repair dryness.
- Thin wallet for ID, insurance card, credit card, cash // Three words, gotta be prepared!
- Hair tie // For them long hair girls.
- Nathan Race Number Attachments Clip // I don’t like to use safety pins and poke holes through my shirt to attach my race bib. This item loops through my waist pack belt and securely clips to my race bib. My handy dandy clips were a gift from a dear friend back in 2008, so my exact item is no longer available. I’ve included a link to their new and improved version.
- Feminine Products // Ya girls understand me when your dot comes, gotta be prepared! Sometimes she just likes to surprise you.
- Safety pins & bobby pin // Although I don’t use the safety pins for race bibs on my shirt, sometimes other people may need it or I need to pull a MacGyver and use it to fasten something else.
FTC: This post is NOT sponsored. All opinions are my own.
To make sure you don’t miss more posts like this, subscribe to It’s Jou Life! Enter your e-mail address in the upper right column of the page to stay updated and receive e-mails whenever we post. We promise we don’t share your personal information with anyone.